Reablement is based on the philosophy that people:
- Should have control over their lives and as much independence for as long as possible.
- Should be offered choice and control over how they achieve their goals.
- Are supported to continue to actively participate and remain engaged in their local communities.
This training is designed to provide Assessors with the skills required to assess, develop support plans and introduce targeted strategies using a reablement approach.
The training will equip participants to:
- Understand the benefits of a reablement approach in promoting wellbeing and supporting independence
- Understand the reablement process
- Understand the importance of optimising physical function and active participation
- Assess holistically using an active assessment approach
- Understand the importance of continual review and reassessment
- Identify evidence based reablement strategies to build community capacity
View training dates or book