support client 1180x450

Regional Assessment Services for under 65s

Regional Assessment Services for under 65s

Our Regional Assessment Services (RAS) team supports younger Western Australians who are living with a disability and need some help with everyday tasks.

This is available to people aged under 65 and Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people aged under 50. The aim is to maximise your independence, wellbeing and connections to the community.

To access this service, you need to be living in an area of WA not yet covered by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). To check if this is you, see NDIS – Where is the NDIS already?

Support is also available if you are a carer to a person who is eligible for these services. 

This service is provided under the WA Home and Community Care (HACC) program. 

To arrange an assessment please contact our ACNA Intake team on or call 1300 785 415.

Your RAS assessment

We can make an appointment for an assessment at a time that suits you. We are usually able to come to your home within 4 weeks of your call.

What happens at the assessment

A member of our RAS team will visit you at your own home.

We do what is called an ‘active assessment’. This means we look at your:

  • daily tasks – we’ll ask you to show us how you are doing them now, and where you are finding things difficult
  • goals and aspirations – we want to know what’s important to you
  • health and wellbeing – we can help with any health concerns
  • carers and community – to understand your support system and needs.

After your assessment, we’ll develop a home support plan which is tailored to your individual needs. Our aim is to help you live as independently as possible.

What your support plan includes

Our support plans include strategies on how to help you achieve your goals.
We follow an approach called ‘reablement’. Reablement delivers intensive, short-term care – usually in the home – to help address a specific health or wellness concern.

If you need other assistance

For more help on supports and services for people with disability and their carers, visit the Department of Social Services website.

More information

You might also like:

Return to top