Veterans Home Care
This support service assists eligible war veterans and war widows and widowers access the help you need to look after yourself and your home.
Veterans Home Care is designed to provide practical help if you need it.
- personal care – including bathing, dressing and grooming
- domestic assistance – such as house cleaning, laundry, bill paying and shopping
- safety-related home and garden maintenance – such as gardening, home modifications and repairs
- respite services – in-home or residential options for yourself and your carer.
To find out more please call 1300 550 450.
Veterans Home Care is funded by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA). If you already receive services through DVA, you can get aged care services through Veterans Home Care, as long as you don't get the same service from both.
DVA will refer you to us if you are eligible to receive the service – usually, you will need to hold a Gold Card, or a suitable White Card.
Once we have a DVA referral, we will contact you to conduct an assessment over the phone.
During the assessment, we will ask questions to help work out your needs and what services you may need. This can include:
- How have you been feeling lately?
- Have you had a fall in the last six months?
- Have you had any home modifications done?
- How is your appetite?
Then, working together, we will create a care plan and arrange the services you need.
We will contact you every six months to review your progress – but you can adjust your services any time if your needs change.
"I have lived alone since 1975 but without the assistance of Veteran's Affairs, life would have been a lot harder. It's doing a fine job in keeping me and others on their feet – most of the time."
Phyllis Barnes OAM
Veterans Home Care services are available to any approved DVA card holder nationally across Australia.
You might also like: